My apologies if this blog at times does not flow, but there are times to be daft and times to terribly serious and indulge in mad pondering!
I am afraid reading other peoples blogs has made me feel very inadequate! so i am trying to be more professional but cant seem to manage it. So sometimes you will be literally getting whatever flows out of my brain!(imagine a boiled haggis burst, see picture in previous post).
Also remember that if you don't want to read anything else except the counselling stuff, feel free to whizz past the other stuff!
So Task Two
- Think of a time when you were really listened to and felt heard:
- How did you know you were being heard?
- What were thinking and feeling?
- What was useful?
2. Think of a time when you didn't feel listened to:
- What made you feel you weren't being heard?
- What were your thoughts and feelings?
3. What might be some other barriers to listening?
OK off you go! pens and paper at the ready!
Please remember i am just a student, but i have really gained a lot so far from my counselling studies. Even if your not really interested in counselling yourself, there is always something new about yourself that you may not of been aware of.
Most of the time people underestimate how much people like/admire/love them!
Any questions for me? leave it in comment box!