31 Jan 2007
Counselling Homework, Activity Three
Hello, today we are moving away from self development for the time being (well not really moving away from it as that's a continual process).
In class we have moved away from it and have to continue the self-development work at home, so i will post some more things to do on that soon.
At this level we have to look at the more practical side to counselling, not an in depth look just skimming over it really.
Working in a small group consider the following:
You are setting up your own voluntary counselling service.
1. Think of a name for your counselling service? any suggestions will be taken into consideration for my future practice!
2. What kind of premises would be most suitable?
3. How can you make best use of the setting in which counselling takes place? (consider-privacy, equality, safety, comfort)
4. What can you do to ensure equality of access to the service for all potential clients? (consider physical access, cultural diversity, gender, disability, age, religion etc)
5. Draw a floor plan of your counselling premises on flip chart paper.
(try to incorporate as many ideas as you can into your plan)
I hope you enjoy this.